Skip to main content

Snow to 70

I know I've been gone for a while, but I'm back and ready to go! I graduate in nine days and all of my assignments are officially done, what a great feeling. I'm now spending my days with my pups; trying to keep them both physically and mentally active.
Daisy enjoyed staring at me while I tried to finish homework

To begin; we got snow! In the middle of April. April showers bring May flowers right? But what about April snow?? Daisy absolutely loves running around in the snow. BO on the other hand refuses to even go outside.

The snow didn't last long and we got back to our sunny and 50-60 degree weather. The hubby and I took the pups to Petco and the Puppy Park on Saturday. We hadn't attempted Petco since we got Daisy; we used to take BO pretty often. BO decided to bark and howl the whole way up to the entrance of the store. We haven't figured out yet why he howls at everybody, once they come close to him and start petting him he is in love. But he scares them away before they can get close enough. 

                   


After we got into Petco he was fine. We had the funniest experience though! Well I thought it was hilarious, the husband wasn't to thrilled with me. There was this person who came over and asked us some questions about the dogs and I willingly answered them: what kind of dog, how old, yada yada yada generic dog questions. Then we walked away to find what we were looking for. The person followed us. She seemed pretty interested in the dogs so I left it, BO started jumping on the person because he wanted attention; but, the person wouldn't touch them. They then started to tell me that my dogs should be in training because they are to jumpy. At this point I was getting annoyed, please just let me raise my dogs I think I'm doing an okay job. So then again I moved away from what I was there to look at and went to a different section to get away from her. And guess what?........... Yup, you guessed it, the person followed us again. She then stated that BO must be a rescue dog since he is so skinny. I was trying to be patient, but I was over it. I simply told her that my dog had parasites in his intestine (which is true, but he is on medication).  I know this probably wasn't the best way to handle the situation, but I did get the person to leave us alone. Them and the people they were with grabbed their Great Dane and we didn't see them again. Mind you the parasite is only contagious if an animal eats BO's poop, so we were safe to go into the store. 

The dogs took a little snooze in the car while we had lunch at Uncle Maddio's Pizza and then we headed to the Puppy Park. While pulling up to the park J turned to me and said, "It would probably be a good idea if you don't tell people here that your dog has parasites". Funny, but true. As always Daisy had a blast with the big dogs at the park, and BO kept close to us and smelled as much as he could. We played for a good 20 minutes and decided it was time to head home. The pups fell asleep in the car on our trip back to base. 

Pictures of our day below:



           

Comments