Skip to main content

The End of 2017

I can't believe I haven't written since July; I knew it had been a few months, but half a year seems crazy! A lot has happened in the last 6 months that I would like to touch on. So how about we begin in August when my inspiration and motivation to blog ended.

August 2017:
-Jeffrey earned a promotion to Staff Sergeant.
-On the same day Jeff's promotion was announced, I was able to surprise him with a positive pregnancy test.
-I had two interviews within the Minot Public Schools system. One for a 2nd grade teacher and one for a speech pathology assistant. Neither of those positions worked out, which in the end I am thankful for, for a multitude of reasons.
-My brother announced his engagement to Misty and the idea of a destination wedding to happen in the fall.

September 2017:
--Pregnancy hit me hard. Morning sickness, fatigue, constipation, any and all symptoms you can think of.
-Jeff started ALS (Airman Leadership School). This is a 10 week training he goes through before he can become a Staff Sergeant.

October 2017:
-Jeffrey celebrated his 24th birthday.
-We had our first OB appointment on October 10th, since I was already 12 weeks at the appointment we got a good ultrasound of our little squirt.
-I ended up in the ER and was diagnosed with hypermemesis gravidarum, which means extreme sickness throughout an entire pregnancy.
-Two days after getting out of the hospital I boarded a plane to Arizona for my brother's destination wedding. Jeffrey was unable to attend due to his training.

November 2017:
-On the 16th, I celebrated my 24th birthday by attending Jeffrey's ALS graduation. He is officially a Staff Sergeant and I am so very proud of him.
-Over the weekend of my birthday we went to dinner and tried the new glow in the dark indoor mini-golf.
-Towards the end of November I started feeling more like myself with more energy and motivation.

December 2017:
-We finally found out the gender of our little squirt! Jeff and I found out in the ultrasound room, but we didn't tell friends or family until our gender reveal party two weeks later.
-One of my best friends flew into Minot from New York for the holiday season.
-We had our gender reveal party with all my family and close friends (we did something special for his family since they couldn't be here). I'm so glad my two best friends were able to come since neither of them live here!
-For the party we filled black balloons with colored confetti. We had 15 balloons filled, our guests threw darts to pop the balloons. We kept a tally of which colors have been pooped (blue or pink), the first color to get 8 tallies was the winner. PINK it is! We are so excited to meet our little girl Victoria Ellen in April.
-The Christmas season went as normal. We attended Christmas Eve service at our church. Spent Christmas morning at home with the puppies, and then the evening at my parent's house with all the family.
-Jeffrey spent his time off working in the new nursery. He painted the wall Elf Hat Green (which is a pale mint color), and put together the crib and dresser/changing table.

I didn't mention BO and Daisy much. But they are doing great. I think they understand that I am pregnant as they often lay their heads on my stomach and become attached to be for a few days at a time. They are hating the snow and the cold weather and are refusing to go to the bathroom outside, mainly Daisy. Overall they are well trained, we are at the point where we don't cage them when we are gone or during the night. We often still have accidents, but I feel like the weather has much to do with that. They will always be our babies even after Tori comes along.

I can't wait for 2018, which will be our best year yet!

Comments